Finally getting a chance to start this project off. How many times have run into issues on testing a embedded Linux or deeply embedded RTOS and have no simple way to test them?
Well, that is the goal of the project:
- Common goals
- use Lua as the scripting engine. Allows users to to common code from Linux to Deep embedded RTOS
- Common event programming framework
- Common small STL, uSTL or STLPort.
- Simple logging system.
For embedded Linux:
- Threading library:
- basic sockets (IPv4/IPv6)
- using Event type of programming with single thread scripting using events.
- using epoll
- eventfd for simple notifier for object updates, ie waitforMultipleObjects
- timerfd for timers
Deeply embedded RTOS
- standard USB library client
- Event library ie a simple epoll, eventfd, and sockets. Same as Linux API, but on embedded system.
Oh, well, need to get started on it!!!